The following information provides information on using III Easy Pieces
on an Apple III with Catalyst.
You may move III Easy Pieces version 1.0 (Haba Systems Inc.) to a hard disk
for use with Catalyst. These instructions assume you are moving III Easy
Pieces to a ProFile (with driver name .PROFILE). Substitute the name of your
hard disk driver for .PROFILE if you wish to install III Easy Pieces on a
different hard disk.
1. Boot the Catalyst diskette (if you haven't already).
2. From the Catalyst main menu, select the System Utilities Program.
3. Enter "F" for FILE HANDLING COMMANDS.
4. Enter "M" for MAKE A NEW SUBDIRECTORY.
5. Enter "THREE.EP" with a default size of 25 files.
6. Press "ESCAPE".
7. Enter "C" for COPY FILES.
8. Copy all files from the III EASY PIECES BOOT disk to the subdirectory
"THREE.EP/=" except for the following:
To do this, type ".D1/" and press the up arrow key. A list of files are
displayed in a box. The up and down arrow keys allow you to move an inverse
bar over the name of your choice. Pressing the right arrow key marks the
file so as to include it in the copy process. Mark all files to be copied
in this way. When all files are marked, press RETURN.
9. Copy all files from the PROGRAM disk in the same manner as above to the
10. When all files have been copied, press ESCAPE.
ADDING III EASY PIECES TO THE CATALYST MENU
1. Return to the Catalyst main menu.
2. Select the Catalyst Editor.
3. Enter "E" to edit the menu.
4. Use the up and down arrow keys to position the inverse bar over the entry
you want the program to precede. Press "A" to ADD a program entry.
5. You will be asked for the display name of this program, enter "THREE EP"
6. Enter "THREE.EP/SOS.INTERP" as the interpreter path name.
7. You will be asked if you want "EXTRA DRIVERS". Press RETURN.
8. Press RETURN for standard character set.
9. Press RETURN for the normal screen.
10. Press RETURN for the default keyboard.
11. Enter "/PROFILE/THREE.EP" for the initial prefix.
12. Enter "0" for the "Max Files Allowed..." question.
13. Press RETURN for the program path.
14. You will be asked if this entry is correct. If it is, enter "Y" then press
ESCAPE to exit to the main edit menu. If you made any mistakes during entry,
enter "N". You may then enter the number of the item you wish to correct. When
all items are correct, press ESCAPE. Press ESCAPE again to exit to the main
15. Enter "5" to update the INTERPS file. When you are asked if you want to
recalculate the load address, enter "Y".
16. Exit to the Catalyst main menu by entering "Q".
As of September 27, 1991, Apple Computer, Inc. cannot locate a current phone
number for Haba Systems. We believe they have gone out of business.
NOTE: Apple Computer Inc. is not responsible for the contents of this